The wide availability of high powered carpet cleaners allows virtually everyone the ability to clean their carpets on a regular basis. Getting carpets as clean as possible is what the majority of these carpet cleaners are designed to do. However, not all carpet cleaner machines are created equal. Some models are able to clean specific types of surfaces other models may not be able to.
Area rugs can be almost impossible to clean with many of today’s top carpet cleaners. Yes, most of the popular models are adequate, if not downright amazing when it comes to cleaning regular carpet. But once you put them to the test on an area rug, you quickly find these carpet cleaners aren’t up to the task at hand.
So where does that leave you if you have area rugs needing to be cleaned on a regular basis? Well, it simply means you need to find a powerful model capable of cleaning area rugs; in addition to regular carpeted areas of your home or apartment.
We’ve been checking out all of the latest and greatest carpet cleaners on the market, and have found one model capable of putting the other carpet cleaner machines to shame, when it comes to cleaning area rugs. Before we tell you about this powerful area rug cleaner, though, let’s look at the key features a carpet cleaning machine must have to clean area rugs well.
Key Features of a Carpet Cleaning Machine for Area Rugs
- Rotating brushes. Area rugs typically get a lot of foot traffic. To remove the ground in dirt caused by heavy traffic, powerful scrubbing brushes are essential.
- Powerful suction. A carpet cleaning machine must produce adequate suction to remove dirt and debris. Be careful, though, as carpet cleaners with too much suction power can damage area rugs.
- Lightweight and maneuverable. To really clean area rugs, you need a carpet cleaner capable of turning on a dime. Large, bulky carpet cleaners are very difficult to use on most area rugs.
Above all, it’s important to find out whether or not a particular carpet cleaning machine is known for being effective on area rugs. We advise people to never assume a carpet cleaner is good for area rugs and other items in the home, unless the manufacturer specifically states this fact. In other words, don’t buy a carpet cleaner until you know it will work on your area rugs, or you could end up damaging your rugs and/or the carpet cleaner.
We’ve now discussed the key features you should look for in the best carpet cleaner machine for area rugs. Now we are ready to reveal our pick for the best carpet cleaner to use on area rugs…
[stextbox id="alert" mode="css"]
Our #1 Pick For The Best Carpet Cleaner for Area Rugs
We carefully researched and compared nearly all of the carpet cleaners currently available. After stacking them all up and seeing how well they work on area rugs, we found the Bissell PowerLifter PowerBrush Upright Steam Carpet Cleaner to be the best choice. Bissell has long been recognized for their reputation for making high quality, affordable carpet cleaners. This particular model lives up to the Bissell reputation for quality and stands alone as the best choice for cleaning area rugs.
Key features of Bissell PowerLifter PowerBrush Upright Steam Carpet Cleaner:
- 12 amp motor provides enough power to clean even the deepest area rug fibers.
- Powerful suction removes dirty water and cleaning solution, without damaging area rugs.
- Powerful rotating brushes work down deep to remove dirt and stains.
- Lightweight and built like a standard upright vacuum cleaner for easy maneuverability.
Bissell has done it once again with their Bissell PowerLifter PowerBrush Upright Steam Carpet Cleaner. If you are concerned about keeping your area rugs just as clean as your carpeting, this is the model to choose. It has powerful scrubbing brushes, powerful suction and the maneuverability you need to give your area rugs a professional grade cleaning. And since the folks at Bissell recommend this model for all types of area rugs, it’s the obvious choice to keep your area rugs – as well as all the carpeting in your home – as clean and fresh as possible.